What you will need
- UHF radio
- Recovery gear
1. Trip leader to call convoy group meeting prior to start and remind members of convoy procedure.
2. Leader to appoint ‘Tail End Charlie’ for each trip.
3. Observe road rules at all times.
4. On the bitumen leave enough room between vehicles for other traffic to pass through the convoy.
5. All vehicles are responsible for the following vehicle when turning off road and at crossroads.
6. Vehicles leaving the convoy for any reason are to call the remainder of convoy through and inform ‘Tail End Charlie’ of their intention.
7. No vehicles to overtake the leader, unless in an emergency.
8. Keep a safe distance behind the vehicle in front at all times especially when in hilly terrain or when brakes are wet.
9. Allow vehicles in front to get over the crest of a difficult hill before you attempt to follow. If you get stuck, tell the vehicle behind you to wait.
10. Lead vehicle to carry a flag on sand hills when possible.
11. Nominated track marshals will regulate traffic on sites nominated by trip leader.
12. In the event of winching being necessary, the winch operator will automatically become a track marshal.
13. Vehicles in the convoy carrying emergency equipment or personnel will be classified as emergency vehicles and must be given clear passage and right of way.
14. In the event of an accident or mishap on a run, all non-emergency vehicles are to leave the immediate area of the accident.
15. Any driver not complying with instructions given by track marshals or emergency personnel will be referred to Executive Committee for disciplinary action (i.e. suspension of membership or a fine). All drivers are responsible for their passengers at all times.
We classify our trips/events into 4 levels, so there is something for everyone. The trip co-ordinator can discuss the level of difficultly with you.
- A. Difficult – Hi lift, large tyres, Winching may be required.
- B. Moderate – Difficult terrain/obstacle crossing.
- C. Easy Going – Scenic trip/some 4WD’ing.
- D. Social Trip – No 4WD’ing.
If you wish to join one of our trips (both members or visitors) please contact the trip co-ordinator on the form below and register your interest. Or if you have attended one of our meetings and have access to our Facebook page simply register against the facebook event.
Contact the trip coordinator
November 11, 2017
December 2, 2017
December 26, 2017 - January 1, 2018
February 10, 2018